Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crisis Alert button at Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ding07

Technical User
Feb 6, 2007
US
The Crisis Alert ("crss-alert") button at the attedant console is still up after an emnergency call made a while ago. Now if it is pressed (clear the alert?), it beeps and it jumps to another extension, how can this button be cleared? Thanks in advance!!!

press crisis alert then normal. Keep doing that until you've cleared all the alerts.

check that, I think you press crisis alert 3 times to clear the alert on a 302 console.

No way to edit my post :(

Make sure the console is not in position busy first, then press the crss-alrt button 3 times.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

FYI, we had some issues with using this feature to the point that I had to disable it until we could sort things out. The feature operates a little differently from version to version. Two things to check if you are not the one who initially administered the feature are 1)list usage button-type crss-alert to see which stations have the crisis alert button administered, then 2)change system-parameters crisis-alert to see if more than one station has to acknowledge the alert before it is canceled. This is the part of the feature that was tripping us up. Hope this helps.

Mike

Why does the light always have to be at the end of the tunnel?

Yes, I finally cleared all the alerts, thanks again for your help!

Just for fun:

"Why does the light always have to be at the end of the tunnel?"

The light has to be at the end of the Tunnel because trains don't enter tunnels in the middle. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back