Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Credit Card encryption 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma3x323

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
Hello all you Access and VB MANIACS!! I have a little project here creating an order form. I am a beginner for Access and don't know much about VB.
Here's the Q:
In the order form I have a text box which will contain the Credit Card #. Since all businesses do not want to show the numbers, I have to make it so it shows "**************".
I need a VB code that would do this. I also want to know what event I should put it in.

Thanks in advance,
Feryl

Go into your form's design view. Click on the CreditCard number field, click the ... next to the InputMask property and select PASSWORD as your type. No code needed.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Hey Joe,
Thanks for the help! There is a reason why I needed a code. In the form would output "********", but when this is seen in the table, this should be the actual numbers of the credit card. That's why I think code should be needed.

Thanks,
Feryl

Put the input mask in the form ONLY then the number will be seen in the db table. Or are you saying you DON'T want to see the numbers in the table? If so, my only question is why? What if a typo is made? How do you find errors? Why not set security up so the users can't access the table where they can see the numbers instead?

Joe Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Thanks a lot Joe!
I told you I'm an idiot. I didn't know you can just put an input mask on the form and NOT on the table. NO CODE NEEDED!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back