Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Credentials asked when publishing an application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palagast

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
NL
Hi all,

I have a Windows server 2003 R2 SP2 with Citrix PS 4.5 isntalled on it. It has joined my domain and I can log on to it with the (domain) administrator account. This account is also a Citrix Administrator.
When I publish an application and come to the point where is asks for users/groups to publish is to, I need to supply user credentials before getting the AD view where I can select them. The credentials can be the exact same as the ones I used to log on in the first place.

Does anyone have a clue on where to look for this?
Thanks in advance.

Join the domain frist then install citrix this way you will not get prompted for user info

Billk89, thanks for your reaction. The server has joined the domain before I installed PS on it though, so that shouldn't be the issue..

Palagast,
This usually happens when you log into the Citrix Management Console with a local user account versus a domain user account.

When you log into the Citrix Management console...go to the (Its been a while so this might not be right) tools-options menu in the CMC. Uncheck the use-pass thru authentication for the CMC and make it prompt for the user name and password.
Then you can provide all the credentials for the domain user account (including the proper domain in the "domain" section) and log in.

Try to publish the applicaiton and see what happens. It should not prompt for the user name and password when you are trying to enumerate domain information for user groups.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back