Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creative ensonique soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgal

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
GB
Just recently I reinstalled windows 98 se on my system and in the meanwhile i lost all my sound drivers for my creative sound card. My sound card details are as follows:
PCI Sound Card
Model: Ensoniq ES1371 Audio PCI-97
finally i downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer's site and installed it. Now my system gives an error message saying 'The Creative Ensoniq Audio PCI driver cannot load MIDI waveset. MIDI playback has been disabled'. Can anyone find a solution to this problem??

Yeah, this is a common issue with these. Your driver that you downloaded simply did not include the wavesets. You just need to download them and follow the instructions to install them!

I don't have much time to browse for the links, but go to select support, find your card. You will (after a little looking) find some wavesets for it. You will likely have 2MB wavesets, 4MB wavesets, etc. Generally speaking, the bigger the MB, the better--however, alot of people don't care if they don't do much with the soundcard.

If you have trouble, please post back!!
Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

Here ya go! Found the link for you

eapci4m.zip or eapci8m.zip will work great for you! Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back