Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creative CDRW 4x2x24x won't burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozman

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
CA
I have a duron 600, 128 meg RAM, 10 gig HD, Acer CDROM, Creative CDRW 4x2x24, Windows XP

Problem: I can't burn cd's. Windows burning software doesn't acknowledge that a cd is in the drive, and Nero says that burning is complete, but doesn't actually burn anything.

I tried the drive on another WinXP computer and it worked fine. I also used Nero on the other computer. I have tried a complete format/reinstall of WinXP and it still won't burn. That is where I am sitting right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also changed the registry in WinXP to make sure WinXP recognizes the drive as a writer, to no avail. It is on the primary ide, the second cdrom is on the secondary ide. I have swapped both drives, but it made no difference.

Thanks for your help in advance.

All windows updates have been installed.

I believe there is a windows update that addresses this issue. You can get to it via IE and links and windows updates.

Hope this helps,

SG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back