Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creative Audigy Sound Blaster Model Number SB0090

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsfreak

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
US
Had this card for a year or so now. I can get it to work with generic drivers, but the problem is only the main audio works that way. Meaning only 2 channel audio.

The card is Creative Audigy Sound Blaster Model Number SB0090

It looks like this card, except its audigy 1 not 2.

And the front piece like this picture

See the drivers off creatives site will not work. They do not pick up the card and if I force the driver it causes blue screen of death.

Basically I was wondering if anyone had any of the original drivers for this card? Or if anyone knows any drivers to make it fully fuctional in xp if that is possible?

Im using onboard for now as the mic does not work unless I find a driver to make the entire card fuctional.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Well I figured it out.

Works perfectly. The back function, mic and everything is working perfectly however have not had a chance to try the front piece. When I get a chance I will and ill post back on here the results.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Just noticed the 1394 part of the card is not working right because of the driver. Windows by default installed a nic driver and I cant seem to get it to install any other driver.

Any ideas anyone?

Did the card not come with drivers on CD? If all else fails you could try moving it to a different slot.

Actually, I'm sure I vaguely remember stories of the older Soundblaster cards not playing happily when other sound devices were installed. They came out before on-board sound was common so the drivers were written with the assumption that they'd be the only ones installed. You could try uninstalling the drivers for both your Soundblaster and the on-board audio, disabling the on-board audio in the BIOS, then re-installing the SB drivers. That way your PC should think that the SB is the only audio device present.

Note that this might not work, it's only a vague recollection!

Regards

Nelviticus

Ill give it a try soon as I get a chance. I have it installed right now except the 1394. I did disable the onboard but I never removed the onboard drivers. Ill give a shot when I can and see how it goes.

The 1394 will request an extra IRQ line in your system. There may be a conflict.

How can I check the irq's or is that possible? I never messed with those so I know nothing about them lol.

Well removed the onboard drivers, still showing an error on the 1394. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back