Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating website in PS and Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

leca07

Technical User
Dec 22, 2001
YU
I've been trying to create some elements for a website in Photoshop (logos, background, buttons....) but when I optimized and loaded them in Dreamweaver the results were terrible. My gradient fill background was all wavy and smudged, jpg photo sort of pixelated, buttons and logo(since I optimized them as transparent gifs) torn and blurred. I've seen so many sites with perfect gradient BG and perfectly clear buttons and other stuff so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I even used the highest optimization settings but nothing really changed.

Never seen that problem before.

Have you accidentally zoomed in on your work in dreamweaver, and made it look pixelated. Check that out. Also when you're working in photoshop instead of saveing, you can save for web. And then you could try importing the pictures into dreamweaver. [deejay]
Nate
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!"

You can't zoom in Dreamweaver. What do the images look like when you view your page outside of Dreamweaver in a web page? It may be something in Dreamweaver's editing area. Also, what version are you using? Version 1 had loads of bugs apparently.

May be a good idea to post this in the Dreamweaver forum if you haven't already. funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk

This is more of a PS issue. DW only places the images, does not change resolutionfor viewing.
What version of PS? PS6.0 has greater control over the web versions of graphics.

Use GIF for images such as buttons that have plain text, solid colors and no gradients.

For JPGs, save as Quality set at 4 or 5 to maintain gradients and preserve quality.

useless optimization, choose a balance between smallest file size and best quality, as with all things, web images are a trade-off. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Have you resized the images after inserting them?

If you insert a 10x10 image in DW then later resize the image to 10x5 in PS, DW will hold the 10x10 size and that can really mess up the image.

You can right-click the image and select "refresh size" or change the size in the image properties.

Viewing the page outside of DW can make a diff. too.

Zumie [peace]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back