Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating web app that queries backup exec database?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2003
US
This is going to sound a bit complex and granted it might be over kill. This probably isn't worth doing. But on a regular basis I go back through the activity log and note the average backup time of each job/size of data/backup speed.

On a side note I'd like to learn a bit of programming just for fun and whatever.

So I thought I could try to combine these 2 things by trying to learn how to query the sql database in backup exec and output the data onto a webpage. Like an automatic script that would gather the backup info I do manually for me.

Does anyone know where I would begin? I'd imagine I'd have to know the structure of the sql database and a method of connecting to it. Once I knew how to access it from outside the app, then I could work on the rest in other forums. :D

Thanks in advance. Again some of you will say "Thats dumb. The easy way to do this is to ... yada yada yada". Well an easier way would be great, but I might always just want to know how to do this the hard way. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back