Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelmo

Technical User
Apr 22, 2004
GB
I am currently makin a movie with premiere 6.5 for a game that i play

I was wondering if there is any way that i can create text that looks like it just being typed into my movie

I just want to type out a paragraph and then some how animate so when u play the movie it looks like the text is being typed

Thats
Adelmo

If you use Adobe Titler, the only way I know to do this is to make one title per letter, then put a sequence of titles together. For a paragraph, this could be dozens of titles. But it's not that bad to do--here's a suggestion.

Create your end title by typing out the complete paragraph the way you want it to look. Save that title. Copy that title in Windows Explorer--number of copies will be number of letters in paragraph, say 'N' copies. Now you have 'N' title copies of the same paragraph, so work backwards in each title by removing letters until the last title has only one letter.

Add these titles to your timeline. Before importing, this would be a good time to figure out default duration so you don't have to edit the time length of each title. A bit tedious, but it will get the job done.

If you use Adobe Titler, the only way I know to do this is to make one title per letter, then put a sequence of titles together. For a paragraph, this could be dozens of titles. But it's not that bad to do--here's a suggestion.

Create your end title by typing out the complete paragraph the way you want it to look. Save that title. Copy that title in Windows Explorer--number of copies will be number of letters in paragraph, say 'N' copies. Now you have 'N' title copies of the same paragraph, so work backwards in each title by removing letters until the last title has only one letter.

Add these titles to your timeline. Before importing, this would be a good time to figure out default duration so you don't have to edit the time length of each title. A bit tedious, but it will get the job done.

Thanks m8

Think i can manage that:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back