Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating temporary tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianeA

Programmer
Nov 15, 2007
CA
I need some guidance as how to best approach my form. I have two tables (example only)...
Table1 has a record for each hour of the day (Date, Hour,Factor)*Note: there is a factor for every hour
Table2 has random records which need to be matched with Table1 and calculations made (Date,Hour,Qty)

For every Hour in Table1 i make this calculation: Factor*Qty=ORCalc (The last qty gets carried to the next hour until there is a change in qty).

This is all good to this point. Now I want to display this data a couple of different ways.

1. By hour (this I sort of have using a continuous form but I need to do it into a subform)
2. Total ORCalc By Day and then totalled by month (Should I dump the "by hour" into a temporary table before so it can be refiltered?)

if YES to #2... how do i create this temporary table?

many thanks
diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back