Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Telnet application in my VB.net windows form

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephGebran

Programmer
Sep 18, 2011

Dear All,
I am new here i am not sure if this is the right place to post this ,
but i need help asap and urgently.
I have a windows form application written with VB.net that is working perfectly with the serial port of my laptop . i mean i am connecting my laptop with the RS232 link to an rc car controlled with a microcontroler and it is working.now i have to remove the serial connection and connect to the car via Wifi. for that, i bought a Wifi module and some1 configurated it for me to connect remotely.but the problem is, the byte i used to send to the microcontroler serially with VB has now to be written on Telnet. i have no idea how to add telnet commands to my code.
I did some research and found 2 things: ASOCKET and System.net.Sockets I am confused which one works. i saw some tutorial about ASOCKET. i added the code lines to my code, and when i run the programme, i get a message: unable to connect to HOST. i really have no clue what to do.
Please those who know how to help me, talk to me so i can show u my code.
Thank YOUUUUUUUU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back