Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating tables with SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnevans

Programmer
May 12, 1999
US
I'm new to Access 2000, although I have used Access 97 for a couple years. Does anyone know of a way to create tables in Access using an SQL create statement? I considered using a different application to make the tables, but I want to try Access if possible. <br>
<br>
I am creating tables by importing data off the internet but the first record does not include the fields. I will have to manually enter them when I import. If I could create the table ahead of time, that would save me from having to enter the fields, as some of the tables have 50-60 fields.

You can still import them in to a new table using the wizard.<br>
Click import like normal but click the &quot;advanced&quot; tab at the bottom of the first Import screen.<br>
Set up the fields sizes and give them a name<br>
click &quot;SaveAs&quot; to save the Export specification.<br>
then import your records<br>
they will import just as before but they will have field names this time.<br>
Next time you import them again Click advanced and open your Specification it will be in the list and bingo your done.<br>
Now you can automatically size the fields by click on the lines in between each field and also eliminate blank or unwanted informaiton at the same time.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back