Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating tables with outlines in reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradia

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
CA
Sorry for the quasi double post... but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the subject of my original post.

My report displays the invoice details for every invoice a person has been given in a given time period.

The detailed invoice information (qty, price, description etc.) is grouped by invoice number.

I would like the detailed information to appear as though it were in a table - with lines separating each field. And I would like the column heading for each field to also appear as though they are in the same table (i.e. the lines separating the two headers align with the lines separating the data fields below them.)

Right now I have drawn a verticle line in the Header section of my report and tried to align it to the verticle line I drew in the Detailed section of my report. However, when I print the report off, the lines are randomly UNaligned. For one invoice the header lines are aligned correctly, for another they a couple of them are off, and in another different ones are off.

Any suggestions for making my report information look as though its in a table?

If you look at the "Left" property of these lines, are they the same? I always use rectangles rather than lines unless I need dotted or dashed lines.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back