Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Table In Vb - how to set field type 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredka

Technical User
Jul 25, 2006
US
I am trying to create a tempoarary table which among other things takes the date that is entered on a form and adds that to the table. The field on the form is a combo box... the problem I am having is the data is not getting passed. When the table is created, it makes this field a binary. I think that is what is preventing my date from passing from the form to the table. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

strUpdateFinanceHistory1 = "SELECT tblFinanceNumbers.SECTOR_DESC, tblFinanceNumbers.BaseGroupStatus, " & _
"tblFinanceNumbers.Status, Sum(tblFinanceNumbers.StartingMEMBERS) " & _
"AS SumOfStartingMEMBERS, Sum(tblFinanceNumbers.CurrentMembers) AS SumOfCurrentMembers, " & _
"IIf(Sum([CurrentMembers])>=1,Sum([CurrentMembers]),0)-Sum([startingmembers]) " & _
"AS [Increase/Decrease], [forms]![frmUpdateFinanceData]![financefiledatea] As financedate INTO c " & _
"FROM tblFinanceNumbers GROUP BY tblFinanceNumbers.SECTOR_DESC, " & _
"tblFinanceNumbers.BaseGroupStatus, tblFinanceNumbers.Status, " & _
"forms!frmUpdateFinanceData!financefiledate;"

What about this ?
..., #" & [forms]![frmUpdateFinanceData]![financefiledatea] & "# As financedate ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I always learn something from you.... thanks so much PHV .. I really appreciate it !!!!

FRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back