Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating surveys to gather info and then email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I have been trying to get this to work for weeks. I've created a form with fields, modified the form with email address etc., but when I copy the htm file to our site via ftp, from everything I'm reading, this wrecks the code and it won't work (I keep getting --webbot-self-- error 404 after clicking on the Submit button on the page).

Then what I'm reading is that I have to first open the SITE itself in Front Page? How do we do this if our site is hosted externally and can only access it via ftp with a user ID and password?

This seems like such a complex project to simply have a site that a user can go to to input text, click submit and have that info emailed to a specific email address.

Any suggestions? I'm not a developer so Front Page is pretty much my only app I can use.

It's Windows Server 2008 with SP2. I tried installing it, but still won't work. Have to ditch frontpage and go with Dreamweaver with CGI scripts.

My understanding is you have to publish your site to a server that has FrontPage server extensions for something like to work. I have seen the error you described many times and this appears to be the problem.

Good luck with your alternative way

Visual FoxPro Version 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back