Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating subreport on Demand as Blank to overlay Main report values

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckwizard77

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have a main report. I would like to create an on demand subreport, but I want the caption to be blank so I can overlay it over the main reports values. This way when a user clicks on the main reports values they will really be selecting the subreport. I know this was done in our older version of 8.0 but when I converted the report to 10.0 this no longer worked. Right now if I leave the subreport caption as "" the subreport name is placed in the caption and displayed over the top of the main report. Is this still possible to do??? example:
Main report values 1 , 2, 3
Subreport1 will have a blank caption and lay over the top of 1. When the user clicks or think they clicked 1 what they really did is click the On Demand Sub Report (Subreport1).
If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Please don't post multiple posts on the same topic. You are also in the wrong forum. Please respond in the post where you were directed to use the main report value in the subreport caption. That should work without you having to do this workaround. If it doesn't, explain what happens when you enter the caption: totext(sum({table.amt},{table.grp}),2), e.g.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back