Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating smooth dark image from med resolution pastel jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

extradifficult

Technical User
Mar 23, 2009
US
Working in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop:

I frequently have to recreate logos (which should have been vector to begin with). Sometimes I get an image that does not have great resolution and is made up of pastel colors. With a good dark image, recreating a vector or a satisfactory high resolution image is easy but trying to improve a very light image is difficult. I create art for making films where vector or very high resolution is needed with the elements of the design being 100% black. A light low resolution image gets very jagged or severely distorted results. Is there a way to get high resolution results with a low resolution image?

I'm not following the problem well but you can use curves (CTRL/CMD-M) or levels (CTRL/CMD-L) to darken a copy of lighter images. After you create vectors, you can re-color with the original lighter colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back