Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating simple FRAMEWORK ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvhui

Programmer
Jul 17, 2002
ID
Hello to you,
I'm uisng vfp7

Who wanna share about creating simple framework ?
Where can I get the article or tutorial or sample code ?

It's very important because it's the heart of application creation. without this (commercial or user made framework) VFP is just like RUBBISH.

Please advice
Steven

It's very important because it's the heart of application creation. without this (commercial or user made framework) VFP is just like RUBBISH.

That is only an opinion. I have been using FoxPro since 2.0 for DOS, I have never used a framework (although I helped design one with somemone else), and I make a good living.

stvhui

Like mgagnon, IMHO, I would say that statement is complete nonsense.

It was probably dreamt up by someone trying to sell frameworks, or by someone who doesn't have the imagination, skills, or experience to create an application from scratch. HTH

Chris [pc2]

would like to point out, the basics that come with fox is a framework. Unless you write line by line code to create your objects, we are using frameworks. Attitude is Everything

I agree

I find that like the wizards, frameworks just add a lot of unneeded overhead.

I like to get some how to's from them or ideas in visual effects. but their is so much jumping around. Try to use it and need to modify it and you spend more time looking for things then if you did your own. the wizards make a good learning tool for beginners, after that the only one i use now is the install wizard. Attitude is Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back