Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating resource allocation table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2012
US
Hello All,
We have two teams in our project, India and USA. I am trying to devise a way by which the two managers in these two locations can track resource availability based on sub project allocation. My idea is to maintain two individual datasheet for the 2 locations. Then combine the two datasheet and present a combined view where both the managers can see the resource allocation from each location and the total number of people working people on a particular project. This would help them evenly distribute the work among team members in both locations. I would like a view as below. The start date of the project would be the columns and the rows would be project name, sub divided into locations. The managers would enter the allocation weekly and it should get reflected in this view. I tried using sharepoint lists and combined view, but didnt work since I could not perform this kind of customization on the standard server that we host at present. If there is any other software/tool I can use to get this view, it would be very helpful. This view would be at a central location accessible to both managers
Project Name 2-Jul 9-Jul 16-Jul 23-Jul 30-Jul 6-Aug 13-Aug 27-Aug
9.1 Regression HYD 12 10
US 3 4
TWC Merge UAT HYD 5
US 1 1 1 1 1
Req. Capacity HYD 17 10
US 4 5 1 1 1
Overall 21 15 1 1 1
Available Cap. HYD
US

Regards,
Rohit