Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Report from Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda55

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
US
Suddenly for no reason, I cannot create a report from a query using the report wizard. I have tried in two differenct databases. I have tried on two different computers on the same network. I am using Access97 on Windows NT. Has anyone ever had this problem. It starts out fine until the end when the computer just hangs up. I have to do a ctl alt delete. The message says the db is not responding.Can anyone help?

Since you able to get the Wizard running you must have the correct references to it. I've had this problem too and it usually is fixed by Compacting and Repairing the Database (almost always works). And then sometimes it because the data is so great that it appears it is hanging when in fact its still doing its thing. This can be the reason for a lot of reports that contain a huge amount of data and may contain hundreds of pages. You could try and reduce the amount of data required for the report (for testing purposes) and see if that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply. Was finally able to create report on another computer. Decided it was either my memory or processor. I really appreciate this forum. I have gotten several helpful ideas. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back