Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating pst files from notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

swedishthom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
SE
Well people dont hang me for this..I am an exhange person by heart. Thats why for the last two years at the new job I talked my managment into implementing Exchange 2003.

now I am stuck with migration users inboxes and personal adressbooks...It simply cant be done....Microsoft won´t give me a clue either...so please...HELP!

Running Lotus Domino 5.0.9 and Lotus Notes clients wanting to migrate to Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003.

Need to migrate 25-30 mailboxes! The tools provided from MS will not work complaining about missing dll´s (nnotes.dll etc)

I am one mounth behinde schedule and managment is on my case..so please...need some help....

Thomas
news@holmen.de

I've migrated Notes mail back into .pst files for a number of users; the easist method I've found was to run the IMAP task on the server and configure an outlook client to access the mail file. Once you can see the mail on the outlook client its relatively easy to export the mail to a .pst file. You will need to enable the Notes mail file for IMAP access by running the console command:
load convert -m mailfilepath/mailfinlename

You also need to set an Internet password in the user's person document as this is used during the IMAP authentication.

Doesn't Exch 2003 have an importer for Lotus Notes mail. I looked up a couple of the MS Kbase articles but they are no longer available. I am sure that this tool is available, otherwise you can always set up Lotus connector in Exchange but I don't if that will only forward new messages.

i just finished migrating the other way exchange to notes 6.5. I highly recommend BinaryTree.com CMT software. this software can convert in either direction. It was very easy to do with minor setbacks.
If you decide to go this route use the enduser migration setup rather than server side(server side too slow)
it runs about $20 a user if i remember correctly.
but well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back