Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating PDF gives white surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Peet7

Technical User
Jun 15, 2004
BE
I'm creating a small concept poster for a party.
I'm doing this in InDesign CS with images that are created in Photoshop. The poster is a 2-color print.

Now, when I export to PDF or print to PDF, the created file shows a large white surface where there should be an object with some transparancy.
If I put the option "Overprint preview" on, the file shows correct. And in the layer separation, I can see that the 4 CMYK-layers are blank and 2 spotcolors contain all the drawing-data.

How can I avoid the white surface in the normal view? And is it normal that the CMYK-layers are still in the layer separtion when there is nothing on them?

You can find the pdf on

Thanks for the help,

Peet

Try exporting to something other than Acrobat 4. If you do not have an Acrobat Reader greater than 4, download a new free reader.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Thanks Jimoblak for your reply, but it doesn't work.
It doesn't matter if I export to Acrobat 4, 5 or 6. They all got the same result.
I'm working with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional.

Any other suggestions?

Peet

Did you try flattening the transparency (pre-flight check)? Sometimes this white box where the transparency is supposed to be is due to the transparency not reading correctly when optimized for a newer version of Acrobat. You should flatten your transparency--let me know if that fixes it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back