Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating PDF From Office File

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpvone

MIS
Aug 16, 2001
US
I have a user who is attempting to crweate PDF files from various MS Office docs. Mainly Excel but also Word. Once the file is selected and opened, a status bar displays. Now, the Office app does open, and it appears that the file is being converted, but, nothing ever happens and the app stops responding. The following error logs in the event viewer application log:

Application exceptio n error occured. Exception number C0000005(Access violation).

She is running Windows 2000, Version 5, Build 2195, SP4.
Office is 2003 Standard. Any ideas ???

What version of Adobe does she have?

I have heard that 6.0 standard is having problems. You need more than the reader.

If you have a full version, you should end up with addins that will allow you to print to pdf from the native app.

Check for a toolbar plugin for adobe within the app. It might convert better in that environment.

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

HOw do you add the toolbar plug in if it isn't there already. A user is running Windows/Office XP with Adobe 6.0, but there is no converttopdf button on his toolbar (although it is there on others). How do I get the toolbar button in Word with reinstalling Acrobat?

Thanks.

If you go to adobe, which I can't do at the moment, I believe you specify the addins to apply from there. Sorry I can't be more help, but the adobe site should be able to answer this.

misscrf

It is never too late to become what you could have been ~ George Eliot

Lizdunn
In the Office application, right click to the right of any Toolbar. From the menu of Toolbar options, choose PDFMaker 6.0. This will put the 3 Adobe buttons back.
Cazulp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back