Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating page breaks for reports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

morg27

MIS
Feb 4, 2002
US
How do I create page breaks for my reports? I need to create class rosters for a registration database. I want to have a new page for each course section.

There's a 'Sorting and Grouping' button (also available from the View menu) that lets you add group headers and footers. Add a group footer for the course section ... field.

It will appear on the report. Left-click on the background of the course section footer to set the focus. Now right-click -> Properties, under the 'Format' tab there's an option for 'force new page'. Set this to 'after section'.

You're done.

There is also a Page break control that can be inserted at very specific points. The benifit of using a Page Break control over the Sorting and grouping option for creating page breaks is you end up with less blank pages. And you can control exactly where the page break occurs as opposed to only having the options of before, After or both. in Access 2003 the Page break control is in the tool box, although I am not sure for previous versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back