Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating New DRive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamire

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
RW
I am having a proliant ml370 which I have added 2 new hotswap disks and created the array. I am currently trying to format the drive which has been created but it gives me that this is not possible.

Once the array was created it gave a drive called f: which half of the drive space with some greek writings can someone tell me exactly what I need to do inorder to proceed with the formatting of the new drive and subsequent useage.

When I use disk administrator in Windows 2000 it give me it has 16GB but when I check the disk it states that it is a 32GB disk with 16GB already in use.

did you add those disks to an exisiting array, or did you create a new volume?
In last case something is wrong anyway, as compaq disks are 18.2 gb in size anyway. if you use noncpq disks, you will have problem swith the smart array contoller, as those wouldn't work properly with disks having noncpq firmware.

however, try to remove the disks again in the ACU, then reconfigure it. If you put then in a RAID 1, only half the disk size can be used anyway, so this would be fine.

In order top be able to format it, you need to create partitions first, only those can be formatted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back