Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Multiple Outgoing Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssllc

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2008
US
Hi.

We are in the process of changing the domain name of our company. I need to be able to configure our GroupWise system to handle sending out email on both domains - the old and the new.

We have incoming working fine (we just added the new domain to the foreign id field).

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I don't believe you can have a user send e-mail out from two different domains at the same time. Besides, if you could, the recipient would get two copies of the same message.

In other words you're EITHER johndoe@olddomain or johndoe@newdomain in terms of outbound e-mails. INCOMING e-mail is a different story - both can be received into the same mailbox to allow for people on the outside to start sending to the new.

The thing to do is switch the outbound e-mail to the new domain and put a signature in the e-mail about "please note my new e-mail address. The old e-mail address will no longer be functional after xx/xx/2008. Please update your address book.

Thanks.

Ideally I would like the user at the groupwise client to be able to choose which domain to send out on.

If that is not possible - where do I change in the GWIA (or is it someplace else) the outbound domain to the new domain?

Thanks

The default domain to send from is controlled from "Internet Addressing" in ConsoleOne.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Yeah - NO the user can't control that. That's why they're called users and you're called Mr. Administrator.

^^^^^ Under the user tab "internet addressing" if you want you can do it on a per user basis.

Glad I was right about about my first assertion Marv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back