Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating multiple Aliases

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyLDB

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2003
US
How does one create multiple aliases for an exchange user? abc@123domain.com and needs to get mail addressed to efg@123domain.com & hij@123domain.com. I know I can create distribution groups - but this is not exactly what I need.

Thanks

In the e-mail address properties for the user 'abc', add the efg@123domain.com and hij@123domain.com as SMTP addresses. I would do a couple of tests also.

Good Luck

"Assumption is the mother of all f#%kups!

Yeah, I had the multiple smtp email addresses set in the properties of each user. It only recieves mail for which ever I have set as the default or primary. Hmm - any other ideas?

The changes may bot have sufficiently replicated to all GC's prior to your testing. Give it some time and try it again.

Question: Do all of the alias address have the same domain name? (Example: @mydomain.com) If so, then no other configuration is necessary. If not, then some recipient policy modifications are necessary.

Shawn Johnson

Yes, all have the same domain name. I haven't attempted it in a couple of days - so I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks

Shawnyboy is correct then, sounds like a replication issue. You didn't mention the size of your domain (DC's, Sites etc)

"Assumption is the mother of all f#%kups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back