Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Movie Clip Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby8685

Technical User
Mar 5, 2006
US
I am trying to create an animated graphic to be used as a button using a movie clip and the .OnRollOver function in action script. I sucessfully created the movie clip with a hit state, stop function, and workinng animation. I then gave the movie clip button an istance name of "pic1_mc". In action script I created this code,"

pic1_mc.onRollOver = function() {
pic1_mc.gotoAndPlay("over");
}
"

"over" is the layer I named that is placed when the movie starts. However, when the movie is tested, my cursor changes so the computer knows there is a button there, but the animation does not play.

I uploaded my Flash 8 file onto rapidshare if it may help.

Thanks for any help.

i think you just had the alpha for your button movieclip set to zero, plus the alpha for the white box inside of that movieclip was set to zero at the end of its tween.

--
Matt Milburn, Wave Motion Studios
matt@wavemotionstudios.com

I thought it needed to be since I did not want the clip to really show up until the clip played. Thanks, that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back