Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Master Image Palette for Multiple Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedevil90

Programmer
Mar 3, 2007
US
I am starting with multiple 32-bit PNG files that I want to save as GIFs (or 8-bit BMPs)to use in an animation program. The animation program wants to use a single image for all the color information (that is it applies the palette of one GIF to all the GIFs). However the GIFs I am creating are optimizing with slightly different palettes.

Is there a way to decrease the color depth of 32-bit PNGs and optimize them into GIFs using the same palette. In Photoshop, you can do this by opening many images at once, selecting each image separately, adding the color information for each GIF to a "Master Palette," then optimizing off the Master Palette. Is these a workaround for this in PSP XI?

Have you typed "color palette" into the help search? There is a page there on decreasing colours (that's the british way to spell colour :)) Not sure if that's what you want but it's all I could find. Will do some more research though.

Learn something new every day
Using Crystal 8, Oracle Database Paint Shop Pro X1 Nikon D80

This is what it says:

16 Colors (4-Bit)
When you have an image that has only a few colors, you can decrease the color depth of an image to 16 colors (4-bit). This color depth is useful for simple graphics on Web pages that you want to load quickly. The resulting image has an image palette that contains 16 specific colors. You can change any of those colors by editing the image palette. For information, see "Working with image palettes."

Learn something new every day
Using Crystal 8, Oracle Database Paint Shop Pro X1 Nikon D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back