Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Master - Detail form in VB.net using windows forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgg

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
BB
Hello to forum users,

I am a new user of VB.net and I need some assistance with designing and implementing a windows form that does the following:
1. Displays the master (employee name) information in a combo box pull-down at top of the form. NB I have this working.
2. Displays the detail data (List of Employee Beneficiaries) in a datagrid on the first tab of a tabControl. NB. I am still working on this.
3. Displays in the secord tab the record fields in a form for the particular employee-beneficiary selected in the grid on the first tab. NB I am still working on this.

I am using the conceptual entity model which I have set up the employee, beneficiar, and some other tables. Also I am using binding source objects for the combo boxes and datagrid
I am not very familiar with linq coding as yet. Can anyone assist me with samples of how to setup a master-detail windows form using this scenario? Or can I get sample code on how to display the data in the datagrid?

Thank you

WGG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back