Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Mailing Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshone

Programmer
Jul 30, 2001
GB
Hello All,

How could I create labels using asp ?

I want the user to beable to choose the label type, like mail merging in word.

is this possible ?
if so doesn' anybody know of any examples ?

thank you.
Jamie

Hey,

I may be doing this doen the road too, so I thought about different ways of doing it.

I think it can be done using PDF files with predefined layout. THen you can insert text into the PDF from the database or an HTML form.

You can use either ActivePDF component (haven't tried it yet) or Adobe FDF Toolkit (free from Adobe)(
Some examples of use of FDF toolkit -
Hope this gives you some ideas :) <Dmitriy>
dbrom@crosswinds.net

Hello dbrom,
cheers for the info.
however, what I have done is created the labels using word !

once I can input an option value into VBScript, I will have a way for the users to choose the different types of labels from a SELECT box.
I'll post the code when it is complete.

thanks again.

welshone, can you post the code that creates and outputs to the word document? Is it totally automated or do you have to open word and print the document manually? I want to create a page on my company's intranet that will print out onto UPS and Fedex shipping labels, based on the user input form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back