Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating GroupWise users from NDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodwins

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
CA
I have about 2200 students I need to create GroupWise accounts for. Does any one know of a utility I can use to create the GroupWise accounts from their existing NDS user accounts. I've used GWIMPORT and JRB Utils to do both processes at the same time but need the NDS accounts working now and GroupWise accounts later.

Thanks,

NetWare 6.0 SP3
GroupWise 6.5 Lastest SP

goodwins,

There appears to be a couple 3rd party utils available on the coolsolutions website for importing GroupWise users. Take your pick:

Here is the page in the GroupWise 6.5 Administration Guide where it details how to import users. I think this will do what you want too.
BUT, with all three of these options, you'll need an ASCII text file to import from.

Good luck,
-Ron

P.S. I've not played with it, but the Novell util may be able to create the ASCII text file from the NDS info. Read this page to determine if it will do what you want:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back