Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating GIF control in visual basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwarak

Programmer
Apr 29, 2003
US
I am trying to create a GIF control in visual basic.
This control should support GIF animation also.
How do i go about it? Please let me know.
Thanx.

The standard Webbrowser control, which is included in Microsoft Internet controls (shdocvw.dll), supports both standard and animated gifs

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Please let me know how to use this control. How do i import a gif image into this.

Stick a webbrowser control on your form. Call it wb1. In code use:

wb1.Visible = True
wb1.Navigate "C:\My Pictures\whatever.gif"

I tried this. But when i load an animated gif, the gif is always static.

The webbrowser control takes it's advanced settings from your Internet Explorer.
Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools|Internet Options|Advanced, scroll down to Multimedia and make sure that the option for Play animations in Web pages is checked

There are a couple of examples at PSC (search in vb for gif) that include using the webbrowser control or using code to decode and display the gif correctly.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back