Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating funky forms 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectacledBear

Programmer
Mar 1, 2005
GB
as well as flashing labels, what else can you do to funkify a form? I need to impress, promotion is on the line!

If WinXP:
Set vo = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice")
vo.Speak "my boss is the best"

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

How about some animation? See thread702-1015978

I need to impress, promotion is on the line!

Just make it work correctly. [smile]

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

traingamer

thanks for tyhe advice, i've sorterd it so that it works fine, and the forms all load quickly, i just need some finisheing touches to perfect it

I would like to throw a bouquet of roses to PHV and ZmrAbdulla for sharing their information. Very cool stuff. But, instead of the roses, here's a star.

can i placer the Set vo = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice")
vo.Speak "my boss is the best" code anywhere?

In the Load event procedure of your form or in the Click event procedure of a button or ... where you want.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

FancyPrairie , Thank you for that Fancy bouquet

Zameer Abdulla
[sub]Jack of Visual Basic Programming, Master in Dining & Sleeping[/sub]
Visit Me

How about playing a tune:
Code:
  Dim song As Object

Set song = CreateObject("MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer")
  song.Open "C:\WeAreTheChampions.mp3"
[lol]

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

"You just have to know which screws to turn." - Professor Bob

could I at all change the buttons to that they are more fun? or could I make the screen shake? or have an animated icon on the screen? this would be cool!

Shake? Yes. Somewhere in htese fora there already exists a routine to simulate an earthquake. I think I remember it being based on the MoveSize function, so start with a search based on that.

MichaelRed

Stephan Leban's Animate Form? that ZmrAbdulla suggested contains an option to shake the form.

There are samples in VB6 with PSCode that melt the screen. (you will defenitely get scared about your computer) here are the links incase anyone has VB6 and able to convert into Access VBA
A++ Melt Screen

GOTO!!! this code makes any picture melt away !!!

Zameer Abdulla
[sub]Jack of Visual Basic Programming, Master in Dining & Sleeping[/sub]
Visit Me

Google: access creating circular form

I found a couple of examples, although none of them were exactly the same as one I stumbled on some years ago (never used it, though).

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back