Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating exe projector linked to flv file for cd rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashoid

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
US
I have a large flv video file that I want to create an exe projector file (a "click me to start" file for users) that is linked to and plays the flv video when you open the exe. These files would then be burned to a cd rom.

Does anyone know how to create the link from the exe projector to open the flv file for cd rom distribution.

thanks!

I forgot to mention that I am using a flash component (the one that comes with flash CS3) to play the video, no actionscript code is used to play it.

That's what I do but when I publish the file it just creates an exe that has the flv inside of it (huge file). I do link the flv in the component to the folder where it resides. I don't understand how to publish the exe so it acts like a shortcut, and does not contain the flv.

Make the player targeting your .flv an external .swf, and use a small shell projector file with a button to load in that external .swf...

If you don't use a button, and simply load the external.swf in the shell projector file, then the projector file, if loading from the CD, will again freeze until all the external .swf has downloaded into ram....

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back