Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating exchange mailbox, Webserver not seeing CDOEXM.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

frumpus

Programmer
Aug 1, 2005
US
I am working on an asp page to create user accounts in active directory. The accounts are getting created just fine but my CDO objects aren't working when I try to create the mailboxes.

Specifically, the line:

Set objMailbox = CreateObject(CDOEXM.IMailboxStore)

generates the error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'
Variable is undefined: 'CDOEXM'

which I know means it isn't finding the cdoexm.dll file. I have put the dll in the same folder as the .asp file but that doesn't seem to help.

The webserver is Win 2003 running IIS 6. Any thoughts on how I can get it to include the dll?

Hmm...

" Because of issues with multiple-hop authentication and unexpected results observed in multithreaded runtime environments, Microsoft does not support using CDOEXM in Microsoft ASP.NET pages, ASP Web pages or in Web services. To create Web-based Exchange management applications that use CDOEXM functionality, Microsoft recommends wrapping CDOEXM in a Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) package and calling that package from your application."

I don't know the first thing about DCOM packages. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back