Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Excel Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durdles

MIS
Dec 31, 2002
US
I have a single Excel worksheet that needs a user friendly interface. In my case I would like to pull up groups of rows based on a common field called 'Submenu' (essentially the exact funcion as the Auto Filter). In addition I would like to utilize a check box instead of a text field to flag a field called 'Include' as yes or no. I am not too familiar with forms in Excel, but have experience with forms in other applications such as Access. Can this can be done using Excel. Do you recommend a better way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian

Brian,

When you insert a form between the user and the worksheet, in order to perform simple worksheet functions, it is ususlly considered as a "non-friendly" act.

What's wrong with using AutoFilter?

What do you mean by "...utilize a check box instead of a text field to flag a field called 'Include' as yes or no"

Does this mean that you want to ENTER a "yes" or "no" in a cell in the Include column on a certain row?

It would help to know the business case for this process--what need does this need to satisfy for the customer?

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back