Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Dynamic Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominicdunmow

Technical User
Jul 28, 2004
CA
Hi there,

I receive a monthly flat file xls - formatted as below:-

Customer Time Value
A Q42005 £1000
A Q22006 £2000
B Q12006 £500
B Q42006 £3000

I have a crosstab query which converts this into a spreadsheet format as below.

Customer Q42005 Q12006 Q22006 Q42006
A £1000 £2000
B £500 £3000

My problem is that I need to get this into a form showing 1 customer at a time so that others can enter a resource figure against order (which is the straight forward bit)

The difficulty occurs as the flat file has different orders each month in different time periods, so the time field headings in the form will be different each time.

Is there a solution to create the form "on the fly" each time?

Thanks

Dominic

use your flat file as the source for your form not the crosstab.

Thanks for the response.

I tried this method to begin with, but couldn't find way of creating a form where each customer appeared with their respective time and financial data on consecutove records.

further guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

How about a main form, based on an aggregate query of the flat file(ie group on Customer) so you get one line per customer, and a sub form based on the flat file, with master/child link as customer. In this way you will get one "page" per customer, with the orders for that customer listed in the sub form

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back