Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating default user with password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywolf96

Instructor
Apr 9, 2001
US
The short of it...I've lost it, call it a brain fart. Networking two computers P3 Win98 host\firewall and P4 XP Pro. They both enjoy internet though WinProxy on the P3 (natch). But I can't remember how to make Win98 ask me to log on (I've done the primary thingie under networks for Client Microsoft Networks to Windows Logon on no go) so I can have default (which is a defined user on the P4) that asks for a password. If I "logoff" on Win98 and then logon as default with password...all is peachy. Plus...I have simple file sharing checked and have installed the XP Pro network setup on both computers. Thanks in advance...it's got to be simple.

Ok, off the top of my head here...
*right click network neighborhood >properties
*first property sheet, down in the middle, should be a drop down for msft family log on and a few other choices. Forgot which one it is, but I believe that's it.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back