Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating db mirroring endpoints

Status
Not open for further replies.

FALCONSEYE

Programmer
Jul 30, 2004
US
I was running the following:

CREATE EndPoint xxxx
STATE = Started
AS TCP (LISTENER_PORT = 5022)
FOR DATABASE_MIRRORING (ROLE=PARTNER)

and got this error message:

Msg 1498, Level 16, State 2, Line 4
Database mirroring is disabled by default. Database mirroring is currently provided for evaluation purposes only and is not to be used in production environments. To enable database mirroring for evaluation purposes, use trace flag 1400 during startup. For more information about trace flags and startup options, see SQL Server Books Online.

After googling around, I came across couple links indicating I should install service pack 1 to get rid of this problem. However, the server already has service pack 2 installed. Is there something else I can do?
thanks

>After googling around, I came across couple links indicating I should install service pack 1 to get rid of this problem. However, the server already has service pack 2 installed. Is there something else I can do?
thanks

There is something that isn't right here. If you're on SP2 you shouldn't get this error message and you shouldn't need the trace flag.

Could you run a SELECT @@VERSION and post the result here?

Ola Hallengren

Thanks Ola,
That's how i know that I am on sp2.

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3042.00 (Intel X86) Feb 9 2007 22:47:07 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back