Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating custom reports - can't find SQLEDIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
I've installed Crystal reports and the SCCS client software on a PC to create our custom reports. Following the instructions in the Historical Reporting and Data Dictionary NTP (page 24) the first instruction is to open SQLEDIT. Does the client software install this? I don't have SQLEDIT on the machine I've installed the client on, nor do I know where to get it. Is there something I've done wrong during the client install?

Greg

Hi Greg,

The client does not install SQLEDIT. All page 24 is instructing you to do is verify the connection with the database. You can do this by going into administrative tools in the control pannel of your computer. There is a Data Sources (ODBC) icon that you can double click. If you double click on ICCM_Preview, you should be able to test connectivity by entering in your username and password into the database as well as the database is blue.

Are you having problems with connecting with ICCM_Preview?

Thanks for the reply. I got to Data Sources and tried to test connectivity to ICCM_Preview. I got the following error:

[SYBASE[]ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase]ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: HAFAILOVER: Trying to connect to server.

Am I correct in deducing that there's some sort of configuration problem with the PC in question? When we did the install for the client software we had to do a workaround because of a bug in Sun Mircosystem's Java Runtime Environment that is used during the Sybase portion of the install. This is only a problem on Pentium 4 machines apparently. Thanks again for your help.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Is all the other aspects of the client working? Are you able to connect to real time displays and pull reports from the client? If not, then reinstall the client...We have had to install the client sometimes 2 to 3 times inorder for all items to install.

The other thing to take a look at is when you install Crystal reports, there is the newest engine CRPE32.dll installed. Symposium also installs this engine. Sometimes Crystal gets confused if there are 2 engines installed. In c:\nortel\client\en\bin\CRPE32.DLL I rename the dll as CRPE32.OLD and it sometimes clears up quirky problems.

fonchick

I'm experiencing the same message when trying to connect. I have the correct database name, id, and pw.

Here's my message:

[SYBASE[]ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase]ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: HAFAILOVER: Trying to connect to server.

The box I'm trying to connect from has Sybase ASE version 3.5 drivers and the other box has Sybase System 10 version 2.12 drivers.

Could that be the problem??

It seems that the ODBC connection cannot be made here. Did you check the settings on your PC? Check the local file sql.ini if there's a reference to the ICCM_PREVIEW like
[ICCM_PREVIEW]
$BASE$01=NLNWLINK,ICCM_Server
$BASE$00=NLWNSCK,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,5000
query=$BASE$00;$BASE$01;
in which the xxx-es stand for the C-Lan address of the server.

I've inherited this computer from somone else, Crystal 8.5 was working correctly at one time. The Symposium cleint was un-installed but they didn't read the direction and just did an uninstall from the add\remove, and then the Symposium client did not install correctly. I deleted everything from the registery that had Sybase, Symposium also I deleted a file ASE12CLT I was then able to install the client and make . But now when I try to run a report with Crystal I get the following error [Sybase][ODBC Sybase driver]Invalid attribute in connection string:DBQ,[SYBASE]ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase]ct_connect():user api layer:internal Client Library error:HAFAILOVER;Trying to connect to server. This is a P4 machine.

for P4 machines there is a FAQ: faq959-3478
If you have done this check if you have updated all sql.ini file on your PC and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back