Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Crystal Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLawyer

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
US
I have been asked to implement Crystal Query against Macola (7.5 Progression.sql) and Lotus Notes databases, but I assume creating a query is basically the same with any db type. My own Crystal training/use is minimal, I do mostly backend support, server side.

Could anyone give me a brief description of how to use Crystal Query and/or any pre-requisites that will make this work properly? Drawbacks? We briefly attempted to create a query against a Notes database (.nsf), but upon attempting to link to specified DB/tables, we were given the message "cannot create link." I am not sure on the Crystal side if it would give this error if access in the Notes db was not sufficient. Possibly our configuration/set of the query is incorrect? Any assistance anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!
DLawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back