Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating carriage returns in a memo field

Status
Not open for further replies.

rewdee

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
I want to create an Email template. I want to read a memo field from a table but I can't seem to create a carriage return.

I don't really want to use
Code:
& vbcrlf
because I think it will confuse users. I've tried hitting the [enter] between the lines I want to seperate (even when changing the options in the key behavior dialog) but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rewdee

One thought is to use an impossible-to-occur escape character and process the user interface yourself, substituting a carriage return for it. | (shift-backslash) would be a good one; but the "impossible-to-occur" aspect arises. Maybe something like ² (character 253, the degree symbol) would work.

You can press <Ctrl> <Enter>.

This means there might be a bit more user education than normal but it will probably save you a lot of headaches.

Jude

Thanks, the <ctrl><enter> is what I'm looking for.

Bill

Why not change the 'Enter Key Behavior' property value of the textbox to 'New Line in Field'. Then a simply clicking the Enter key will cause a line space.

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back