Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Boss group in Coral 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCraig

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2008
US
I'm using npl to create a new boss group in this case 2002. I get hung up once it tells me the #index. Not sure to put into this field. Any suggestions would be great.

Ok, here is the deal on indexing....
each Coral boss, library, hunt group have indexes. They all start at 0 (zero).
Look at the NPL and see if there are any boss groups defined. If you see boss group:
from to coral #
350 359 0
this means that boss group 350 is index 0, 351 is index 1, 352 index 2 and so on...
so, you create your boss group and index number is the next available.
Also remember that SIZ needs to be allocated for the correct number of indexes...so when the system was SIZed, the boss group would have a total number allowed. Thios number relates to indexing.
Hope this helps.
Metballnut

Thanks since I found the index number of 2 and it worked.

Note that you can have multiple numbers on one Index!

ie in the example that metballnut gave with 352 being on Index 2 you could also have 987 on Index 2, 456 also on Index 2 etc. If you dial any of these numbers they would ring the same Boss group. So watch out when allocating a new number on an Index as it may already be in use.

The same applies for anything in NPL. You can have multiple xtn numbers on the same port, multiple feature codes on the same Indexes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back