Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Bitmaps from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDE1

Programmer
Mar 11, 2001
GB
I want to create a bitmap that is based from data i have created from various processes that is stored in an array.

I need to write the bitmap FileHeader and bitmap InfoHeader to a file then append the data from the array into the file.

Please can someone show me how to do this or better still, provide code that will enable me to do this. Most code i have seen involves using API calls to fill a picture box then change its size etc. I do not want to do this, i just want to save a bmp file to disk based on data i have stored in an array.

Thankyou

Simon

I have the same problem. Does anyone know the answer to this one?

Crotalus,

I have created my own function that will write out a 24 bit bitmap when you pass it an array of data. I can send it through if you like but it will take me a couple of days as i'm very busy at the moment. It may or may not be of any use but you can certainly look at it.

please reply to simon@jda.co.nz

Simon Elliott

I have been given an email attachment ( family picture ) and have saved it to desktop and my documents.

I would like to use this as a background or wallpaper but dont know how or what is required.

I am running windows 98 second edition.

I am familar with how to save pictures from the web as background or wallpaper but not the other way around.

I would also like to know what is bitmap, jig, gif, etc in simple terms.

Also how do I delete background files that I may have created in the background dialog box.

Please reply to pjlinden@bigpond.com

Regards

Peter Linden
Brisbane Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back