Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating and Processing Forms (FrontPage2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Linking from one page to another (transferring information) isn't easy, and probably because I'm not understanding some functions. Here's what I am trying to accomplish:
When someone fills out a form in a page with several fields and completes it, they will then be forwarded to another page stating, "is all information correct, please review, and if necessary please hit the back button to edit information." If all information is correct, please press the submit button. The final page (page 3), thank you for submitting your request.

So, my first page, Page 1, (the first page or form the viewer will see) will be what the viewers input into the fields. They would then click next to continue (a submit button I'm assuming) to page 2. Page 2 will show the information the viewer inputted and will ask to make any changes necessary. If this person decides to continue and is content with the info he/she provided she will hit the final submit button which will go to Page 3. Page 3 simply says, "Thank you for your request."

I'm assuming this help will need no code, just simply what I'm doing wrong. Page 1 to Page 2 to Page 3.

Page 1 : Input information
Page 2 : Review information inputted and submit
Page 3 : Thank you for your submission.

f909

I don't think there is a way to acheive this by using straight HTML or FP's form actions. You will need to use some sort of scripting (JavaScript, PERL, ASP, etc)

One way to do it with one HTML page and JavaScript is:
* define a global javascript variable (lets call it SubmitClickedOnce) with a value of 0
* use a function on the submit button in the form: onClick="CheckForm();"
* The CheckForm function looks at the SubmitClickedOnce button:
if it is not 0:
return true (so the the form is sent off)
if it is 0:
display hidden text that says "Please verify etc"
set SubmitClickedOnce to 1
return false (so that the form is not sent off)

You can then specify the forms properties in FrontPage so that it shows a Thank You page after the form is submitted.

This sort of code will only work on browsers that support such features. If you want it to work on all browsers (or at least as many as possible) you may want to look into server-side scripting (such as Perl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back