Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating and editing a button through automation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

claytonjgordon

Technical User
Jul 21, 2004
US
I want a button to send an email with a button in it that adds the db to the user’s workspace and opens up a form in edit mode. I can create the email and I can create the button manually, but I can't seem to find out how to have that button created inside the email through automation i.e., not typing in the commands manually in the code window once the button is created.

Here's what I got so far:

Code:
@Command([MailComposeMemo]);
@Command([EditInsertText];EMAIL);
@Command([EditGotoField] ; "Subject");
@Command([EditInsertText];"Project Manager Evaluator Request (PME)");
@Command([EditGotoField] ; "Body");
@Command( [EditInsertButton] ) ;
(This is where the code I can't figure out would go)
@Command([ViewRefreshFields])

Is there a way to move the cursor to the programming pane and type in the code via [EditInsertText] or something?
Or is there an easier method like copying and pasting the button somehow?

Any help you could provide like pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Dominus Nihil
(Master of Nothing)

Would be a more feasible idea to create a Draft message, and have your button load the Draft, make a copy in memory and send off the copy (since I guess that you'll be wanting to send it more than once.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back