Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating an new site in existing exchange server 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

urgent

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2000
SG
Hi i got your mail id through tektips can you help me out to do my project give me some ideas or some documentation to do this.

IF I WANT TO MOVE THE EXCHANGE SERVER COMPUTER TO CREATE A NEW SITE IN AN EXISTING ORGANISATION WHAT SHOUL I DO?
that is my site name in my organisation, my site name is panpac_group and in an organisation panpacmedia limited, so i want to remove the "_" in my site i want the site to be as panpacgroup. so this is what i am planed to do and moving the mail boxes from "panpac_group" to new site "panpacgroup" as well as the public folders. how to proceed this.
My existing exchange server (panpac_group) is now on live running on 4300 dell server.I want to move all the mail boxes and publicfolders to another server box 2450 dell server (empty) so i want to install the new site in 2450( panpacgroup) dell server in the same organisation.and make 2450 live and remove the 4300 from the network and upgrade the 4300 dell sever with some harddisk etc.. and once again move the 2450 (new site as panpacgroup) mail boxes and publicfolders to 4300(panpacgroup) . so my 2450 dell server will work as my temporary server until i make the 4300 on live.
i should have one ON line exchange and one in OFF line both the servers should have my mail boxes and public folders, if any documentation or step by step method to help my project is much apprreciated.
so this is my moving method so what i have to do for all these please try to help me out.
once again i thank you in advance.

regrads
prakash

I think you can select the recipients container of the live server and use a move mailbox wizard to move its contents to the other server. Can't recall if it works across sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back