Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating an mst file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nummus

Technical User
Jul 8, 2001
GB
Hi,

Im trying to deploy Mcafee via a GPO in active directory. It works fine for the default installation but i also want to use the mst file to configure autoupgrade and schedule options.

Does anyone know how to configure this file, i cant find any info on the website.

Thanks Paul.

If you have a NAI grant number they offer a installation designer for each of their VirusScan versions to make the kinds tweaks you are discussing in your post without the need to create a transform.

JCA74>

I called NAI support (we have a TVD agreement with NAI) and they said:

1. It is not possible to deploy VS71 Enteprise through (ADS)and to use VS70 instead. They (of course) suggested me to purchase ePO. I have asked quick estimation and frankly: it is expensive. 18 euro per client seems too much, even for a good product.

2. It it not possible, as well, to deploy sdat files.

Does someone have experience to deploy trhough ADS VS and sdat? Please help!!!

Shall I create mst files for the sdat.exe file?

Thank you in advance!
Robert

Have you tried Autoupdate Architect 1.1.1. by McAfee? Its free and fairly easy to use.

We are a school disrict K-8 about 1800 PC's. We deployed the modified VS7.1 through a loggin script. We made all settings using Installation Designer 7.1.0. All PC's check daily for dats files. Since we implemented this product (Sept 1, 03)we have had no virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back