Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating an INBOX to store all message coming in and out of Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarm

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Hi everyone, hope someone can help me with this one!

I have 55 or so users on a network each configured individually to send and retrieve e-mails from Microsoft Outlook, we use Microsoft Exhange Server 5.5. I need to create an address, or an e-mail account that would hold every message sent from every users account as well as sent to every users account, some form of 'inbox' perhaps. In addition to which, have some form of Outbox that would store all deleted items from every user.

I have been attempting to find solutions, but have had no luck, anyone knows anything about where to start and if possible finish with this problem, any help will be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Why would you want to do that? If it is to be a "big brother" then you'll need to look into the legal aspects of the privacy you are taking away from your users.

If its not big brother, please explain further.

Hi

Part of your question is possible in 5.5.

Create a mailbox say X

Go to each users mailbox from your console and check alternative recipient under derlivery options. Make sure that mail is delivered to both the mailboxes.

All incoming mail will be delivered to mailbox X.

Outgoing External mail can only be done in Exchange 2000.

Your deleted items will not be copied but you will have a copy in your X mailbox when the mail was received.

Word of caution...... make sure you maintain mailbox X it will grow like mad.

I would not say it is a question of big brother, but a question of if the BOSS wants it you have to deliver. After all the BOSS pays your salary.

Hope this Helps

Maruis
"I sleep at home not on my Job!"

If you want a record of EVERY message, then you need a MS Exchange Journal mailbox feature.

If they click send, you know about it. Automatic and linked in so does not have to be set up on every user account.

Read KB article 2621222

Hope this of assistance. BE CAREFUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back